Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Diet Day 1

I actually started this diet on yesterday, so consider this post a day late. See? I procrastinated starting a blog about it. I need to apply my natural procrastination to eating. Maybe this will really work! Ha!

Starting weight Monday morning was 254 lbs. Famine day.

Despite the water and zero-point food restrictions of famine days, I ain't going that nuts.

I had my usual cup of coffee while getting ready for work. 1 packet of aspartame sweetener and a splash of fat-free half and half. I had looked up the calorie count of that a while ago, but can't recall it now. Oh well, I ain't gonna worry about it.

I was happy to discover that amongst the zero-point foods list, were the makings of... salad. So yeah, I packed a salad with mixed greens, some sliced cucumber, sliced radishes, a bit of grated carrot, and I cheated by dressing it with ~3 Tbs. Newsman's Own Light Caesar. I'll check on those calories later too. But, I found myself not really hungry at lunch. I was a bit worried at how hungry I might get by skipping my usual breakfast, but I was actually only mildly interested in lunch. Every time I did feel a little pang, I took a swig of water.

And I also had about 1 cup of home made clam chowder. Seeing as I was the one making it, I needed to taste and adjust seasonings. I will point out that the 1 cup amount as eaten over about 1 hour's time; basically a tablespoon here and there during the cooking process, and then about a half-cup at the end to savor the final product. Rationalizing away a cheat? Yeah, maybe. All I'll say is that I had to use the clams yesterday, or they would've been a week old. Again, I wasn't really that hungry last night, which was a pleasant surprise.

We'll see how tough the 2nd famine day goes.

No comments: