Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Diet Day 3

Today is my second famine day, and I'm nervous about it. How bad will the hunger pangs get? I'm also gonna 'live blog' about it today, so there will likely be a few "ETA -" additions below. ETA stands for "edited to add", btw (by the way).

Morning weight: 248 lbs. Lost another 2 lbs. after eating like a pig at lunch and dinner yesterday. Very bizarre. I was certain I'd have gained a pound or two back.

Had the usual cuppa this morning. Already have slight hunger pangs, but have been taking a swig of water to counter.

ETA - 9:30: already been through 800 mL of water. If 800 Ml sounds like a weird amount, it's because that's how much my bottle holds.

ETA2 - 11:00: Earlier pangs have subsided. Swigging water at regular intervals. I did pack another zero-point salad (and 3 Tbs. dressing) for lunch, but I'm gonna see if I can skip it.

ETA3 - 1:00: Normal lunch time, and I'm doing fine. Will ignore the salad. Starting 3rd bottle (800 ml) of water though. Gonna add diet iced tea mix. 20 calories per stick pack. Shit, I thought it was lower than that.

ETA4 - 2:05: Went outside for lunch to enjoy the day and get away from the 'fridge. Iced tea nearly gone already. Had a nice text convo with an old friend. Helped keep my mind off of food.

ETA5 - 4:00: On 4th bottle of water and still no real hunger pangs. I feel empty, but not hungry, if that makes any sense. Still have decent energy too, which is also surprising. The real test will be at home tonight, because the fridge is absolutely full of food. Pasta leftovers, chowder leftovers, and I think there's still a brat and beans in there from Monday too. S went grocery shopping today to boot. Evenings are the worst time for me because it's become such a habit to snack while sitting in front of the TV. And... well, not to air a bunch of dirty laundry or anything, but I've asked S repeatedly in the past to stop bringing home junkfood. She's good for a while, but then she can't help her own cravings and starts buying chips and candy a couple of weeks later. If it's in the house, I'll succumb. At least I've always had. Time to be stronger, willpower-wise, than I've ever been before.

ETA6 - 6:55: Ended up having a large salad for dinner. Mixed greens, radish, and carrot with low-fat dressing. Oy.

No comments: