Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 8

Missed posting yesterday, so here's a quick update: Monday morning weight - 248 lbs! +4 lbs in a day! WTF?! I was completely shocked. I'd expected a bit of a gain, maybe 2 lbs back at most... but damn! While I did eat what I normally would on a weekend, I did watch portion sizes and stopped eating when I felt full. Here's what I ate:

Saturday
Scrambled eggs with kielbasa, coffee
Crackers, cheese, and salami
Slice of pizza & 6 wings

Sunday
Cold pizza (2 slices) and coffee
Lunch... wtf I have for lunch?
Baked ham, braised greens, carrot salad, & baked beans

Nothing out of the ordinary. I don't understand.

Monday, Day 8
A famine day, I did eat some zero-point food. I had a bowl of the soup I made on Friday for lunch, and a green salad for dinner.

Tuesday, Day 9
This morning's weight was back down to 246. So that's something. But today is a feast day, and I already started big, stupidly enough - 2 fried eggs and 3 slices of homemade bacon for breakfast. Oy - that will come back to haunt me, but I've been waiting for a chance at that bacon. (I started curing my own bacon last year, and I really have to say, I'll never buy bacon again. Home-cured stuff is so much more tasty. And the thing is, I thought I was out of it until a few days ago when I was rearranging the freezer, and found 2 more big slabs from the last time I made it. Sweet!)

Packed a salad for lunch, and am planning another for dinner along with the braised greens and maybe a tiny slice of ham.

No comments: